Unpleasant situations on TripAways
Despite the sophisticated accommodation booking system and proper interaction with both owners and guests, there is a chance of unpleasant situation occurrence, which may make the trip more difficult, resulting in a violation of the rules, and even threaten the safety of the users.
Here’s the list of unwanted and unpleasant situations:
- The real state of accommodation is different from the description. Such a situation may take place when the owner wants to use outdated or someone’s photos. Sometimes, owners want to exaggerate the real quality of their objects, which results in the disappointment of the guests on arrival.
- The object is not available on the day of arrival. It may happen as a result of the bad intentions of the owner, mistake in the booking system and unpredictable situations (fire, special events and so on).
- The existence of specific factors, which were not described in the booking. Such factors are dirt, pets, bedbugs or cockroaches, renovation works, bad smell, bad conditions (too cold or too hot) and so on.
- The offensive behavior of the owner. Using offensive words, threatening or demanding money from the guests.
- Cancellation of the booking on the day of arrival.
- Guest damages the furniture or the accommodation.
- Sending spam in messages on TripAways.
In some cases, such an unpleasant situation may be the result of exaggeration or lie. Travelers are different, and the administration of the website has to face incredible and unreal requests from the users. That’s why we process all the requests independently, checking the position of both sides, and making a final decision.
In the case when you face one of these situations, you need to contact TripAways and tell about the issue. We will do our best to help you as soon as possible.
We reserve the right to change this list in case if we find new types of unpleasant situations.
TripAways strives to avoid such situations in the future and makes everything to reduce the rate of their occurrence.