There’s a lot of hotels located all around the city and in the suburbs, so you won’t stay on the street if you come to Saint-Paul-de-Vence. Some of them are located in ancient buildings with interesting history. While others are situated in luxurious mansions offering the comfort of the most fashionable hotels.
The most popular hotels in Saint-Paul-de-Vence
There are around 50 hotels and villas in the city and its suburbs. The following are the most popular options for the travelers:
- Petit Mas de Saint Paul. This hotel is relatively new. It was open in 2014 and has a perfect location. It’s located in just 2.5 km from the old city. It has a garden, a terrace, and a kitchen. It offers full amenities and Wi-Fi. The price for 6 nights starts at 600 Euros.
- Le Mas De Pierre. This is a luxurious 5-star hotel located in the olive garden on the hill in 1.7 km from the center of Saint-Paul-de-Vence. It was open for guests in 2009 and consists of 6 ancient mansions with 54 rooms in total. It has a secluded garden with fountains, a restaurant with exquisite dishes, and a library. The price for 6 nights starts at 1558 Euros.
- Hôtel La Grande Bastide – this is a 4-star hotel located in one kilometer from the center of Saint-Paul-de-Vence. It’s situated in an ancient mansion built in the 18th century, offering incredible views of the sea and the city. It was opened in 2005 and has 14 rooms, including 3 duplexes, a pool, and a terrace for breakfast. The price for 6 nights starts at 1410 Euros.
- Les Messugues – this is a cozy 3-star hotel in the center of Saint-Paul-de-Vence. It’s located in the middle of the blossoming park in a couple of minutes from the old city by foot. Many rooms are equipped with balconies overlooking the vineyard. Guests are able to stay with pets. The hotel was founded in 2010. The price for 6 nights starts at 780 Euros.
- Le Hameau – this is a 3-star hotel located in a spacious farmer’s house built in the 18th century. The hotel is situated in less than 600 meters from the famous Hotel de la Colombe d`Or. It’s surrounded by a citrus garden and offers a pool, a gym, a sauna and a massage service. The rooms are equipped with antique furniture. The price for 6 nights starts at 927 Euros.
Are you searching for a hotel in Cote d'Azur? We will tell you about the best Hotels in Saint-Paul-de-Vence, located in the ancient city on the hill, offering great views over the Mediterranean.
Hotel de la Colombe d`Or
Hotel de la Colombe d`Or is really worth your attention. It was founded by the citizen on Saint-Paul-de-Vence, Paul Roux in the year of 1920. It was a café that was later transformed into a hotel. This place became really popular among artists, and Roux had a chance to learn artistic skills from Picasso. The owner of the hotel is not a great artist, but he managed to create his own collection of art. Many of his guests paid for his services with their paintings.
These days one can come to Hotel de la Colombe d`Or in order to admire paintings of Matisse, Delaunay, Leger… The wedding of Yves Montand and Simona Signore took place here.
One problem is that you can visit both the hotel and the restaurant by booking your visit in advance. Such measures are taken after the case when several paintings were stolen.