Experienced travelers know flying light-handed can save you money. Sometimes luggage transportation fare doubles the ticket price. This means you need to reconsider your list of things so that you don’t face the situation when half of your luggage remains untouched by the end of the trip.
Here are a few steps towards a more compact luggage.
- T-shorts, polo-necks and slip-overs will take less space in your bag if you roll them up instead of folding them. By the way, clothes in rolls almost doesn’t rumple, and is ready for wearing after ten minutes of hanging on a clothes hanger.
- Socks and underwear can be packed inside your shoes. If there is one more pair of shoes left, you can place your necktie and glasses in there.
- It’s best to put each shoe into a separate wrappage and stuff in different places of the travel case’s bottom. Paired up shoes demand much more space than when being placed separately.
- Unfortunately, we can’t roll up shirts. But any magazine will do to solve this problem. Button up your shirt and flatten it facedown out on an even surface. Put a magazine on its back, and fold the left side while bending the left sleeve, then do the same with the right side. Fold the shirt’s bottom in the end. Finally, take out the magazine – you might need something to read during the flight.
- Now it’s the suit coat’s turn. Join the shoulders and fold the blazer at waist level where wrinkles are less noticeable.
- Charges’ wires and belts occupy less space when allocated along the sides of the travel case.
- Forget about your umbrella! Better, choose a raingear that not only demands minimum space in your bag, but can also be thrown away right after using.
- It’s a good idea to insert paper sheets between your things. This way they will slide inside the case instead of rubbing against each other, and will save a better shape while traveling.
- Taking a medicine box for the trip is an arguable question. Chances are, you won’t need the greater part of its content. Besides that, the destination you have chosen probably has a pharmacy. If you have a chronic disease, take the required medication with you.
- A shampoo, a pair of slippers, a sunscreen and a straw hat can be purchased then and there.
P.S. What doesn’t demand packing and can be brought extra
In addition to one piece of hand luggage, you can bring the following things free of charge:
- a hand-bag
- a brief case
- a garment bag
- a document case
- a tablet PC
- a mobile phone
- a camera
- an umbrella
- a bunch of flowers
- outdoor clothes
You are also allowed to bring some of your personal things aboard inside your pockets. And yes, it’s possible to fit in a lot of things in there if you set it as a goal. Think of vests and jackets equipped with multiple inside pockets of various sizes.