Review of the visit to LEGOLAND: what can this new park offer?
We were having a holiday in December 2016 in Dubai and we decided to visit the new park of LEGOLAND together with our children. We are delighted to share our experience after visiting this amazing place.
What was the project?
LEGOLAND is an interactive park dedicated to the famous tinker toys. It was open in Dubai in November 2016. The project is really astonishing! 40 different attractions, several playgrounds for children, 15 000 LEGO models and 6 independent playing zones:
- Factory — take a journey around the factory of LEGO
- LEGO City — a game where your kids can become pilots, firefighters, sailors and drivers of the vehicles and machines made from LEGO
- Imagination — an educational zone where your kids can construct robots, vehicles and other machines, as well as use several entertaining attractions
- Adventure — take a part in the underwater and ground adventures and try to find the treasure of the Pharaoh
- Kingdoms — immerse in the Medieval atmosphere with various attractions and decorations: you can pet a dragon, conquer a castle and participate in a masked ball
- Miniland — an air conditioned zone with architectural sights of the Middle East made from LEGO blocks
- Water Park — water park with 20 waterslides, a pool with waves and a ship factory.
Location and prices?
Address: Sheikh Zayed Road, Opposite Palm Jebel Ali
Working hours: everyday from 10 am till 6 pm.
Ticket price: adult — AED 295, child — AED 250.
Warning! This park is created for young visitors from 2 to 12 years of age. However, many attractions can’t be used by kids with the height of less than 95cm.
What is the current situation?
Despite the fact that the park was open more than one month ago, some areas are still under construction and not all the attractions are available for visitors. The price is pretty high, thus we want to check and try everything. Unfortunately, the Water Park was totally closed, while some other attractions in different zones were not available.
We really liked the main hall of LEGOLAND with an amazing collection of architectural structures, themed shops and cozy cafes. Our eldest son (6 years old) spent a lot of time in LEGO City and then deiced to build sport cars and use amazing slides. We want to mention the level of safety, forethought of the details and easy access to all of the attractions.
Have you already visited all places in Dubai? How about new LEGOLAND park? If you have 2-12 years old kids, you must visit the magic city of LEGO. Read this review!
Our younger kid (2 years) enjoyed building various houses from giant blocks with his father. Unfortunately, he was too young for the majority of other attractions. In general, we really liked shady walking streets and air-conditioned premises. We took a stroller with us, so our child was able to sleep a little bit.
General disadvantages of LEGOLAND:
- some objects are still closed, but this situation is temporary
- it’s pretty hard to reach and one can use only taxi to get there (the price for a ride from the last station of the metro line was AED 45)
- expensive tickets, our family visit (4 people) with some snacks in local cafes was worth around AED1500 ($400), not including the price of metro and taxi.
In fact, we really liked it. Our eldest son was extremely happy, but we, as skeptical adults, can give only solid 4!